Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I never thought I'd have to do this, but here goes:

I haven't heard much of Stephen's explanation - nothing coherent, anyway - as to why he liked "You Don't Mess with the Zohan." I also haven't seen the movie. However, I feel the need to state the case for never seeing it. I don't know if Stephen even plans to recommend watching the film in his rebuttal, or if he simply intends to defend having watched it high one time on Watch Instantly and not hating it. Still: he wasted his time, and he's going through a phase or something now where he gives everything too much credit, and that's my argument.
Reasons why Zohan seems bad:

1) The title. There are so many things wrong with the title.

2) Judging by the trailer, one of the major jokes seems to be that Zohan makes old women horny. If Mel Brooks couldn't make horny old women funny in The Producers, why should I trust Adam Sandler to do it?

3) Judging by the trailer and the poster, another major joke seems to be that Zohan wears cutoff jorts. Jorts aren't funny, they're cool and practical. I can not laugh at jorts.

4) There are just so many other movies you can Watch Instantly, like "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed."

Your move, Williams.

No comments:

Post a Comment