Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Rebellion of Scene

Commercial Breakers from Douglas Haddow on Vimeo.



So I thought I'd post this as a sort of follow up to my last post. I think adbusters is pretty good, I mean I'm not 100% convinced, but for now I think I'm really digging what their trying to do as a creative voice. Are they completely aware of their actions? I'm not sure, but it's definitely a step in the right direction, and we as a culture desperately need more voices like theirs. I think they as a collective have made that all important distinction in their minds of who "the new federalists" in our culture are. They at least seem on the right track since this ad was supposedly rejected by both FOX and MTV. I say well done, and I'm interested in seeing where their headed. With that being said, I'm not sure that they're smart enough to create a format for which a true cultural subversion could take place. I'd like to be wrong, but I'm just not sure it's in there, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment